Monday, November 13, 2006

This is a Yorkshire landscape I painted back in July2006, before I came to the U.S. I was hoping to convey fertile grounds , a rich dense moist colourfield with an obvious reference to the farming tradition of the Yorkshire Dales.....there is a connection here with the immediate surroundings I now find myself within the Pennsylvanian countryside.
This tree at the beginning of the fall near Lancaster......
...and this image of sunlight through the trees on the Horseshoe Trail near Mount Gretna ....
..have materialised in this vigorous rendering of Autumn foliage in this quick study (the painting is aprox. 3x4feet and was made in about 20mins.) The liquid application and loose brush strokes of paint suggest moisture and the singular image portray the tree as an emblem or monument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home