Monday, January 08, 2007

This assemblage was an exhibit of mine back in 1994 for my M.A.Fine Arts show in Leeds....the reference to childhood memories and the formal balancing act with shapes were paramount in my sculptural development at the time and I see a real connection between that the selections I now make in the Pennsylvanian farm landscapes I am now looking at.


....there is also a novel connection here with the tinman in the Wizard Of Oz !
This is yet another view of PenrynLakes Farm....the light in this area whatever the season gives a fantastic clarity ,and the pastel white farm walls present a timelessnes.....even with these fairly modern materials.
Above is a 7x7feet painting I made in February this year, it is called 'Tyneside Utopia'......the interplay of colours and linear construction came from looking at the steel bridges in Newcastle, in the North of England.

I'm hoping to travel out west soon and document some of the historical steelworking towns and metal bridges...the work I have been doing since the fall has taken on a very linear feel (tree branches now more visible as can be seen in the photography I have made around Mount Gretna and on the numerous trails I have been running/hiking on for the last couple of months).

This is one of the early skies from outside my studio window back in Otley,Yorkshire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home